Tuesday, July 21, 2009

part 6

The next morning:
Dalal:
I forgot about last night..and I felt that today is a new day and a new beginning. I got out of bed at around 6:30 am and got into my one decent bathing suit (a one piece black swim suit) and tip toed my way down stairs with my extra large colorful towel…I didn’t bother waking up Dayoom ‘cause she’s not a morning person..Who am I kidding? I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON as far as my family knows…..I just like waking up in the morning during the weekends in the chalet.

I entered the kitchen. Grabbed an apple to satisfy my crazy appetite and headed to the back glass door..

I made my way down the beach feeling every grain of sand under my feet..i felt the soft hot wind blowing through my hair and finally I felt the coolness of the water against my skin.
It welcomed me and I was at peace…I was surrounded by water.. I started to swim further away from the chalet and it got deeper and deeper..

I felt calm..happy.. I looked back at the chalets and they still seemed big to me..so I decided to swim further…it wasn’t my first time so I wasn’t worried..i kept swimming and swimming and when I looked back I saw the chalets small..i decided to lie on my back and float…every now and then I lifted my head to check that I was still in eye range of the chalet….

I heard a buzzing sound but I ignored it…it got louder and louder…god what is that??!! I checked my watch and it was 7:15...it was still early to go back…damn what is that? I heard that sound get closer..i lifted my head and noticed 3 jet skies….SHIT!! …it’s ok just go back to the chalet..just swim…I kept saying this…I didn’t...I didn’t move …my head was the only thing above the water surface…what are the chances they were going to see me??!!....NO!!...NO!!! GO THE OTHER WAY!! Ahh they’re heading my way…I started to swim towards the chalet without splashing water trying my best at being invisible…CRAP!!....one of them noticed me…I started to swim faster…I was fast but there was no comparison to what they were on…they came near me…

“i5ty feech shay??...tabeen musa3da??” NOOOOOOOO….IF I DID I WOULD’VE SHOUTED!!!!... I shook my head… they had a tiny smile on their faces..

“akeeed??” YES..GOD JUST GO AWAY!!!!!... I nodded…PLZ PLZ GO AWAY!!!... I made sure my body was underwater…I didn’t want to flash my butt in their faces…they looked older..around mid twenties..
One of them started to look around..i started to worry..WHY ARENT THEY LEAVING??!!!! My legs started to get tired underwater. I wanted to lay on my back but they were still here …
“7abebty chinich wayed ba3adtay 3an ilchalaihat…mitakda inch mu mi7taja inwa9lich??” NOOOOOOOOO!! SHAKO??.. okay I need to be firm and direct for them to leave.. “laa i5ooy maskoor ma 8a9art bes ma a7taj musa3da…tigdroon itroo7oon..” there I said it..NOW GO!! Their smiles got wider.. “ya 7lailich..cham 3mrooch?” SHAKOO?? “mm…14..” OMG!! My legs are killing me…PLZ GO!!..
“ahlich ma galoolich ina 5a6er 3alaich inch itba3deen 3an il chalet?..” WHAT ARE U?? MY BROTHER?? MY FATHER?? ..i got desperate my legs were killing me..
“imbalah..5ala9 plz roo7aw..”
“awal shay tw3deeni inch ma tba3deen 3an ilchalaihat??” I knew they were concerned and it’s true I was pretty far away from ilchalets but 7adda SHAKOO!!..i didn’t respond…that’s it I don’t care if I flash my butt…I dove deep under water and started swimming towards the chalet..I came up to breathe and dove back into the sea and kept swimming it was my only solution to get back to the chalet without having them see my body..plus my legs were in unbelievable pain…they were so heavy ..the second time I came up I looked back to check if they were gone but they were on my tail every step of the way… they were saying something but I couldn’t hear them I kept going under…..

the fifth time I dove I stayed under water for a while..Swimming towards the chalet…

When I came up to breathe.. I looked back and they were heading the other direction..they were leaving!! IL7IMDELLA!!! I was getting closer to the chalet….I kept swimming I could almost feel the ground beneath me….i kept swimming and swimming…stupid!!...stupid!!… stupid!!..I shouldn’t have gone so far….

My legs!!my poor legs!!..I finally felt the ground and started crawling towards my towel…I was on all four… I wiped my face and especially my eyes they were burning me…I was so tired I just laid on my stomach with my head over the towel and my legs were still in the water…
I looked like a survivor of some tragic event that occurred at sea…. I flipped over and faced the sky my head over my folded towel and my legs feeling the soft waves...I took a deep breath and had my eyes closed.

I checked my watch…SHIT..I have to get back in door before Fajoor comes over for breakfast… I tried to get up but I was so tired…my legs were able to hold my body up….I grabbed my extra large towel and covered myself up..
I turned around to head home when I saw him..watching me…standing on his side of the beach..eyeing my up and down with some sort of anger in eyes…WHY THE HELL IS HE LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT??!! NO WHY THE HELL IS HE LOOKING AT ME???!!!!... I don’t know him and he doesn’t know me and there he is judging me?!!! WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS??!...i started wobbling towards my chalet…I felt the back of my neck on fire!!..i felt him watching me walk to my chalet.

In the chalet:
“rose?…rose?!” I yelled softly trying my best not to wake up 3azooz who was asleep in the living room… it amazed me how he was able to sleep in such an open area..our living room had windows that extended to the ground revealing the fabulous view of the sea and invited the sun rays in..

“yes Dalal?..” “please make breakfast…I’m starving..” “ pajoora coming por breakpast??” she asked “yes..make breakfast for three..”

I climbed the stairs and walked into my room.. I was going to change when something in the corner of my eye caught my attention…
I walked towards my large windows and saw him…in his room...on his computer…his room was across mine?!!...ugh!! Crap! He’s looking at me..
I ran towards my curtains and closed them as fast as I could…still tightening my grib on my towel….I could swear I saw him smile...I took a shower and let my hair naturally dry…. I wore an oversized white shirt that fell loosely on one of my shoulder and beige shorts…I went down stairs to find Dayoom and Fajoor attacking breakfast…I joined them of course…

My mom walked in and greeted us…she touched my wet back “Daloola 7abebty nashfay sha3rich gabel la i7oshich bard…tisk tisk tisk…’6ahrich yercha5 mai..” “laa maby…7ar ilyoom..please mama..” “itha 7ashach bard mu tabcheen 3indy!!...” “inshala..hehehe”

My dad walked in “9aba7 il5air…o000 ashof iljameelat gamoo…hala fajoora 7abebty shlonich?” “tamam il7mdela 3amey..” after exchanging the pleasantries he kissed my moms’ forehead and sat next to her…
“ya3nii ana mo jamela??..” my mom asked my dad
“ana gilt intay mu jamela??!!...intay il7sn kila…shftay shlon tabeen tithawashain..” he teased her..we all started to laugh

After breakfast I got my buggy keys and left the chalet with Dayoom and Fajoor………
“ Dalool please 5aleny ana awal..” she looked at me with puppy dog eyes.. “FINE..bas I get it at night…” “DEAL!!” “MA YO9AL 3IND MAMA AW BABA..OKAY??!!” “ fine…Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!” “yal yahel!!”

“Dalool imshay na5th buggy 7amood o0 intay i5thay buggy 5alood” her brothers each had a buggy and since 3azooz and 5alood were goofing off in theirs… “mmm….madree fashla..i’ll wait lema 3zooz o0 5alood ey5al9oon oo ayeekom..” “chub!!...imshay yala…we’re taking my brothers’ buggies and that’s it…” “hahahaa 5ala9 ok…”

Dayoom was on the buggy driving it around and Fajoor and I walked to her chalet….

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete